Journalism students covered people with disabilities during fall semester 2013.
They reported on a variety of topics, businesses, people and issues in the community, including: a Utah pianist who composes beautiful pieces despite suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome; a company that customizes vans; the Disability Law Center and TURN Community Services; and an actor who engages in her craft even though she is blind.
Find links to their stories and read their blogs and bios by clicking on a name above, or by selecting Blogs & Bios from the drop-down box, at left. Stories also can be located by clicking on a Tag or selecting a topic such as Education from the Categories box.
Multimedia storytelling (best viewed in Firefox, full-screen mode, and use the slideshow controls, rather than the green buttons that appear on the screen):
- See how one business is changing how people with disabilities get around Salt Lake City.
- Tour the Disability Law Center’s location and glimpse some of the work it does.
- See photos of Sandbox Theater’s production of “Curtains.”
- Meet a woman who has fought her way through 40 surgeries.
- Meet Corby Campbell and learn more about his success story.
- Learn more about marriage equality for people with disabilities.