Students covered this beat during fall semester 2008.
Stories included profiles of the International Rescue Committee and other organizations in Salt Lake City; an article about The School for New Americans in West Valley City; and a story about the Lost Boys of Sudan.
Find links to their stories and read their blogs and bios by clicking a name above, or by selecting Blogs & Bios from the drop-down box, at left. Stories also can be located by clicking on a Tag or selecting a topic such as Education from the Categories box.
Multimedia storytelling (best viewed in full-screen mode, and use the slideshow controls, rather than the green buttons that appear on the screen):
- See a slideshow about an English class provided by the LDS Humanitarian Center and hear from a service missionary.
- Virtually attend the IRC’s First Thanksgiving celebration for refugees.
- Accompany a translation team from the Asian Association of Utah on a medical appointment.
- Meet two Iraqi families who live in Salt Lake City.
- Listen to an interview with African refugee Issa Moursal.